Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Midterm Portfolio.one

13x19
two color
no bleed

For the Native American Heritage Month poster, I first wanted to decide the feel that I wanted to put into it. I decided that a respectful, very tradition-oriented concept would be the best fit and began to search for a true Native American quote that would fit well. After searching for 2 hours for the quote, I landed upon 'Tell me, and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me and I'll understand" because it brought forth the concept of involvement. I wanted this poster to make people want to understand about those individuals who have been living in this country before we arrived. Serious stuff. I believe that with the use of scale, line, and the grid the design works in the way that I hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment